Thursday, April 2, 2009

Snow Shuffle


For the past couple of years, my Dad and i have been running an 8K together in Chicago at the end of March. It's been a special thing for us to do together. This year, i could not be there to join in the festivities...but my Dad went down to the city and made me proud. In true Chicago fashion, it was SNOWING the day of the race. True to his admirable character, this did not stop my father...and for good reason...why throw away months of training for a little slush? He finished the race, a little cold and soaked...only to be cloaked in my long-distance, radiant pride. Congrats, Dad...maybe we can find a race in Seoul for next year. xo.

2 comments:

gdee21 said...

Hi Molly,
You touched my heart again.
Thank you for thinking of me and sharing this on your blog.
Love you,
Dad

avivajaye said...

This is great. The Shamrock Shuffle is the best. Even when Jason and Sheena don't run it, we still go and run a little of the way with the people just for moral support. :-)